My first thought about the new Promark FireGrain™ sticks was that they looked fascinating and was something really different that I have never seen in any other drumstick, ever. I have always loved how innovative D’addario is, so it didn’t come with much surprise that they came out with something that no other stick brand has ever done! I picked them up and gave them a go. The first thing I noticed was that they are extremely solid, and you can straight away feel that Promark is not exaggerating about these sticks being the most durable hickory stick that they have ever made! They are available in all the classic models, as well as the Select Balance models.– Warren van Wyk
What makes the FireGrain™ sticks different to any other typical hickory stick on the market?
FireGrain™ is a revolutionary heat-tempering process that transforms ordinary hickory drumsticks into precision tools with unprecedented durability. While keeping their original weight, balance, and attack, Promark FireGrain™ sticks allow drummers to hit harder and play longer, naturally. No excess vibration, no space age gimmicks, just natural hickory, hardened by flame.
- FireGrain™ a revolutionary heat-tempering process that transforms ordinary hickory drumsticks into precision tools with unprecedented durability.
- The oval wood tip provides a dark, warm tone suited for multiple applications
- All Promark drumsticks are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA at our Texas facility to the most stringent quality controls in the industry.
- Each stick passes through an eight burner flame tunnel, which is a similar process that they use to make baseball bats, hammer handles, ax handles, etc. This delays chipping and denting, which in the end, gives the stick a much longer life span.
- In the Promark sawmill, they pre-qualify every single dowel stick that they make, and they pick the strongest and most durable dowels to use specifically for the FireGrain™ line, which makes this line of stick the strongest Promark stick on the market.
- A very interesting factor is that a regular hickory stick’s range of weight sways at 40 grams when tested, which makes each of the same models feel different in each area. The FireGrain™ line is weighed at only 5 grams, which gives you a better tolerance with every pair that you buy, giving them unmatched durability and consistency!